We just got back from probably our final trip to our river house before school starts. Sad day! :( However, I am very excited to start back to school in a week. With that being said, I thought it would be great to join in Love of Teaching's Back to School Eve Linky.
1. What grade do you teach? - I teach 1st grade and absolutely love it!
2. How many years have you been teaching? - I am starting my 5th year teaching. All 5 years in 1st grade.
3. What is one thing you are doing different this year? - I am going to have an iPod station. I received an iPod last year, but I never used it in the classroom. I am excited to have this as part of my stations, and I think the kids will love it too.
4. What is something you do every year for your new students? - I always send a letter to my students. I not only do it for the new students in my classroom this year, but I also write letters to my former students. It takes a lot of time and some money, but it is so worth it!
5. What is your theme this year? - I can't seem to stray away from the theme I have had forever - the jungle! I love monkeys and it just fits.
6. How do you feel the night before school starts? - The night before school starts I am always excited. I don't sleep much, because I am scared that I will sleep through my alarm.
Looking forward to getting some more stuff done in my classroom tomorrow. I am hoping to have it all done this week. Teachers start back July 30, and students start back August 6. Check back to see how it goes.