Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back To School Eve Linky

We just got back from probably our final trip to our river house before school starts. Sad day! :(  However, I am very excited to start back to school in a week.  With that being said, I thought it would be great to join in Love of Teaching's Back to School Eve Linky.


1.  What grade do you teach?  - I teach 1st grade and absolutely love it!

2.  How many years have you been teaching? - I am starting my 5th year teaching.  All 5 years in 1st grade.

3. What is one thing you are doing different this year? - I am going to have an iPod station.  I received an iPod last year, but I never used it in the classroom.  I am excited to have this as part of my stations, and I think the kids will love it too.

4. What is something you do every year for your new students? - I always send a letter to my students.  I not only do it for the new students in my classroom this year, but I also write letters to my former students. It takes a lot of time and some money, but it is so worth it!

5. What is your theme this year? - I can't seem to stray away from the theme I have had forever - the jungle!  I love monkeys and it just fits.

6. How do you feel the night before school starts? - The night before school starts I am always excited.  I don't sleep much, because I am scared that I will sleep through my alarm. 

Looking forward to getting some more stuff done in my classroom tomorrow.  I am hoping to have it all done this week.  Teachers start back July 30, and students start back August 6.  Check back to see how it goes.

Elizabeth L.

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way about #6. That's my worst nightmare...oversleeping on the first day of school. I am looking forward to hearing more about how your ipod station works!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of sending letters to your former students! Last years group was SO special to me, I just might do this! :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete