1. I went to school in the school I teach at. When I attended, it was K-3, but now it's only 1-3. I have actually taught with former teachers of mine. It has been a great experience.
2. I am an only child. I know some of you are thinking "you lucky dog". However, I have always wanted brothers and sisters. I am one of those people that gets bored easily so it drove me crazy growing up that I didn't have someone to play with all the time.
3. I dated my husband in high school. We broke up before my Senior year, because I wanted to enjoy my Senior year. (My husband is older, and I definitely broke his hear.) We went years without talking even though we both lived in the same town. (Yes, we attended some of the same events and did not speak. Crazy!) My grandmother passed away during my first year teaching which led me to text him, and it was happily ever after ever since. Check out this post on my personal blog to learn more.
4. My husband and I left the church after our wedding on a John Deere tractor. I had a vintage car all lined up, but my husband had this crazy idea to leave on a tractor since he was a farmer. The groomsmen spent all day before our wedding cleaning it up so it wouldn't get my dress dirty, and we hid the tractor up until the end of the wedding. It was a huge hit. We had people pulling over and honking the whole way to the reception. I am so glad that I gave in on this idea!
5. I completely remodeled my home. I bought my house before my husband and I got back together. My parents and I worked on the house for six months before I moved in. It was a foreclosure so it needed a lot of work. It is still a work in progress. Here's a post about some of the process.
6. I love water! My 2011 resolution was to drink only water. Before that, I was addicted to Dr. Pepper and Sweet Tea. I went the whole year drinking water. I was so excited to accomplish this! This hasn't been my resolution this year, but I have pretty much kept the same lifestyle. It is such a great feeling.
7. I teach private piano lessons. After school three days a week, I run home to teach private piano lessons. I have around 8-12 students every year. This side job started as a way to make money in college, and it has just continued. My first student is actually still taking lessons from me. I am so fortunate to have understanding parents and students, because occasionally I have to text and cancel due to last minute school meetings and events.
One of my students playing during a church service.
8. My monogram has never changed. Actually, the first 5 letters of my last name has never changed. My maiden name was Lovell, and my married name is Lovelace. It's all about Love in our family...haha. The joke in our house is that I just married my husband so I didn't have to change all the L items that I owe, but this is far from the truth.
9. I have a pet bird (Padro) and dog (Izzy) that does not live with me. I got the bird when I was in 3rd grade (over 15 years ago), but I never really wanted a bird. However, my mom fell in love with it so the bird stayed with her. I got the dog while I was remodeling my house. When it was time to move out from my parents, I didn't think they would do well loosing me from home and the dog so I left her with them. Plus, they had a better schedule to letting the dog out at lunch and such. Now, my house is just the vacation home.
10. I love to travel! We actually went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I have also traveled to Honduras, Germany, Canada, and much more. However, due to time and money I don't get to travel as much as I would like.
Hope you have enjoyed getting to know me a little more!