Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday's Word of Wisdom

I am sorry I missed last week.  My birthday was last week, and life was a little crazy at home and at school.  I am actually writing this on the correct day this week! :)

Have you ever felt like you do a ton of work for nothing?  Have you felt like it would not matter if you were present at a function or not?  Have you felt like no one appreciates you?

I can't say that I have felt all these things lately, but I definitely have been in a slump.  I teach for my students, but it would nice to be recognized and feel appreciated by others.  I want to have friendships with my colleagues, but I feel like it's not possible because they are so competitive.  I have had to remind myself of this verse:

Source: http://craftbakesewcreate.blogspot.com/2012/03/1-corinthians-1614.html

I am not doing everything for recognition.  I am doing it to make a difference.  It doesn't matter if I never get recognized for all the time and effort I put in.  What matters most is that I am playing an influential role in others' lives - coworkers, students, and others.  I want to do everything in LOVE!

I pray that you are able to find a peace at work.  I pray that you are able to see the difference you are making in others' lives.  I pray that you do things in love, because that is what God wants us to do.  I pray that you enjoy your holiday weekend coming up!

Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful prayer. You do make a difference - a HUGE difference. Sometimes we don't hear for many years later. Just this year a girl from my very first, first grade class sent me an email telling me she was in her final year of college and thanking me for inspiring her to be a teacher. This was a great accomplishment she was an ESOL beginner and came from a neighborhood where very few even graduate from high school. Keep chugging on, I promise what you do is extremely important and your children know it. Maria

    ReplyDelete