Listening - I am listening to sweet Adelaide sleeping, and Kevin watching TV. This seems to be the normal lately.
Loving - I am loving having time off. Don't get me wrong, I love my job! However, I need time off to reflect, rest, and restore my passion.
Thinking - I am thinking about everything that I have on my To Do list that needs to be done before going back to work on Monday. Oh my! Hopefully, I will be able to check some of those off today.
Wanting - I would love to be able to snap my fingers and my house to be cleaned. Kevin always says our house isn't dirty, but I am a little OCD and like everything to be dusted.
Needing - I am needing to be more productive. I feel like when I am on break that I don't get as much done as when I am working. This should be the opposite.
Memory and/or Tradition - I was glad to have continued a Christmas tradition with Adelaide this year. We go to the local nursing home on Christmas Eve night and deliver gifts to the residents while they sleep. Then when they wake up it looks as if Santa has came. I have done this with my family since I was born, and I was thrilled to continue this with my daughter.
If you have some time, go link up with Farley at "Oh' Boy 4th Grade".
This week it's all about our Spiritual Goals. Where do I start? I have so many spiritual goals for this year. I think my post about my One Little Word explains my overall goal which is to let my light shine in everything I do. I have been so overwhelmed with my work that I have let my light burn out in areas of family, friends, and home life. I want to change this in the upcoming year.
1. I am going to actively participate in my church. First, I need to join the church. I have been going with my husband to his home church for a few years, but I have never joined. I want to move my membership to the church and become more active in the church.
2. I am going to participate in Bible studies. I love doing Bible studies, because they hold me accountable. I have joined in on one with ladies of the church that starts next week. We will be studying The Daniel Plan. I am excited about this, but I know it will be a lot different than my normal Beth Moore, Lysa Turkeurst, or Priscilla Shirer studies.
3. I want to read the Bible through. I have done this before, but I want to do it again. I plan on reading the Bible through and putting notes in it for Adelaide.
4. I am going to commit more scripture to memory. I have memorized a lot of scripture before, but I want to be more consistent. So I am going to memorize a verse per week. My plans are to write the verse on an index card and place on my mirror in the bathroom. Once the week is up, I will change it out and keep it on a ring. Then at the end of the year I will have all the verses I memorized in one place. When Adelaide gets older, I want her to do this too.
5. Last but definitely not least, I want to spread the good news!
What are your spiritual goals for the new year?