Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday's Word of Wisdom

Guess what?  It's Wednesday, and I am actually getting this post done on time!  Life has been settling down lately, but my husband is going out of town tomorrow until Sunday.  So, it will just be Adelaide (my 7 month old) and myself for a few days.  I keep telling myself that I can get everything done while he is gone so I can spend some time with him Sunday night.  We will see if that really happens.

Anyways, back to this week's Wednesday's Word of Wisdom.  I have been having a hard time lately trying to find a balance between doing what is right and separating myself from negative people.  I go to work to make an impact on students, but it is so easy to get into a conversation with a coworker that brings someone down.  When I try to stay away from these people, I feel like I am talked about for keeping to myself.  It's not that I think I am better than anyone; it's just I have work to do, very little time to do it, and I want to set a good example.

My Bible Study group has been studying "The Daniel Plan", and this week was on focus.  One of the scriptures that stuck out to me in my reading was one that hit home with what I am going through at school.  The scripture states:

Source: http://www.etsy.com/listing/110625428/scripture-art-16x20-romans-122?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=Scripture+art&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=all

No one is perfect!  However, we don't have to do what everyone else is doing.  It is ok to be different as long as we are doing God's will, and we are doing it for the right reason.  I want to be positive and negative people bring me down.  I hope that when the people around me start to talk negative that I can say something positive to add to the conversation.  I may have to be in the world, but I don't have to be of the world.  

I pray that if you are going through a similar situation that you find peace with being different.  I pray that you are able to see God's will being done in your life and that you are able to remain positive in a negative world.

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment