I never got to the Meet the Teacher Monday linky last week that Trina was doing on her blog, "The Ordinary to Extraordinary Classroom". So I am doubling up this week and doing last week's and this week's.
Last Week's Topic was Vision Boards.
Since I am a week behind I did not do a Vision Board, but I did answer the questions. :)
1. Where did I win in 2013?
I won a precious baby girl on June 14. We named her Adelaide. She has really change my mindset this school year. It is not all about my work anymore. I am really trying to put God first, family second, friends third, and work last.
2. Where did I lose in 2013?
Since I was pregnant, I would have to say fitness. Although I did not look pregnant most of the time, I definitely gained weight. I am not comfortable where my weight is now and really want to change it before the summer. I would also have to say finances. Having a newborn is expensive. We have plans to build a house so we want to get as much paid off in the next few months as we can.
3. What did I learn?
I can't do it all. I have to find a middle ground for things. I am working on this in 2014.
4. Where do I want to be this time next year?
This time next year I would love to be in our new house beside my parents. I would love to have all minor bills paid, down 20 lbs, and have ran a 10k. We will see how that all goes.
This week's topic is Three Things.
List three words that describe you:
- Perfectionist (a.k.a. OCD) - My coworkers laugh at me all the time, because I am constantly having to redo things if they aren't right. I don't like mistakes on papers. I have to be organized so I can find everything. This can be a problem at times.
- Positive - I try to remain positive and keep a smile on my face. This doesn't always happen, but I am more positive than negative. My husband might think differently, because I seem to let it all out when I get home. However, in public I try to remain positive.
- Punctual - I can not stand to be late! I am usually early to everything.
What three things are on your bucket list?
- Visit all 50 states - I have already visited Hawaii so the next big trip will be to Alaska. I would love to do an Alaskan cruise!
- Sky Dive - I know crazy, but I have always wanted to do this.
- Learn to play the guitar - I play piano so I want to teach myself guitar. I got a guitar a few years ago, but it just collects dust in the corner. I am hoping to change this during 2014.
What is your favorite music genre? What are three of your favorite songs (any genre)?
I have a major in Music. I really love all music. I guess my favorite music genre would be adult contemporary pop. I don't prefer hard rock or rap, but I do listen to a lot of country, christian, and oldies. My three favorite songs are…
- Amazing Grace
- Bless the Broken Road
- Oh, Happy Day!
If you won the lottery, what three things are you going to buy first?
I don't think I would actually buy something, but this is what I would do...
- I would give 10% as tithes.
- I would pay off all current bills.
- I would set aside some for Adelaide's future.
What's your favorite movie genre? What are three of your favorite movies (any genre)?
I am not big on movies, but I guess if I had to pick a favorite genre it would be romantic drama.
My three favorite movies would probably be…
- The Notebook
- The Blindside
- Hunger Games
List three of your character flaws:
- Workaholic - I love to be busy! Sometimes I overwork and don't spend enough time with family and friends. I am working (haha) on this for 2014. I need to find a good middle ground.
- People pleaser - I don't like upsetting people. I have really had to learn the word "No" here lately.
- Planner - I like everything to be planned out. My husband is the opposite so sometimes this becomes a problem.
Three friendship personality DEAL BREAKERS:
- Negative - I don't like when someone is always negative and can't see the positive in something.
- Last Minute - Although I don't think everyone needs to be a punctual as I usually am, I don't like when someone is always late to everything or cancels at the last minute.
- Living like a Teenager - I like people who act their age and not like they were still in high school. We can all have a good time, but we are adults and there is a right way to do it.
List three things you want MORE of:
- Time - Can't all teachers use more time?
- Money - Not too much, but enough to pay off my bills. :)
- Kids - Not right now, but I would love to have a few more kids. I don't want Adelaide to be the only child like I was.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little about me. :)